Leeds Health and Care Academy
The Leeds Health and Care Academy is a project sponsored by the Leeds Academic Health Partnership, and it is tangible proof of ‘innovation through collaboration’; through the involvement of our universities in the development of health and care professionals the Academy is destined to be at the forefront of digitally-enabled learning, with a curriculum based on world-leading evidence and research.
The health and care sector is traditionally designed around different services and organisational systems. That means an often complex journey for patients needing care and sometimes limited career options for the various healthcare professionals involved.
The Academy will:
- bring together the planning, coordination, resource and delivery of learning and development for staff working in health and care in the city.
- enable all health and care employees to learn together.
- meet the citywide workforce challenges to:
- drive social mobility in the city by promoting careers in health and care
- attract talented people to work in Leeds
- support the creation of a highly diverse, skilled and engaged workforce
- support our ambition to become a city known for innovation.
The Academy’s vision is to create ‘one Leeds workforce’ with the best skills, founded upon the best research and evidence, to care for and empower the people of Leeds.
The Academy will:
- better plan system-wide workforce requirements and co-ordinate investment into advanced and higher apprenticeships
- enhance social mobility and create a pipeline of local staff across health and social care
- showcase Leeds as fit for the future and leading the change
- transform what is often a complex journey for patients needing care and help Leeds people experience a more seamless experience of health and care services.
The involvement of our universities will position the Academy at the forefront of digitally-enabled learning, with a curriculum based on world-leading evidence and research.
The Academy is a clear illustration of putting innovation through collaboration into practice.